An extraordinary mic capsule. A perfect replica of the vintage circuit. Premium components throughout. Sonic performance you have to hear to believe.
The all-new DA 87i sets the standard for what an ’87 reproduction should be.
No ordinary capsule
Premium 6-micron 24k gold-sputtered Japanese mylar. Precision-milled all-brass backplates. Clean-room assembly. The result is a warm, musical tone with remarkably smooth highs and impressive consistency from capsule to capsule.
Designed exclusively for the DA 87i circuit, our mic capsule is a true K87-style reproduction based on the earliest U87s from the 60s and 70s.
Tape Op Magazine says
“The closest reproduction of the original U87 model I have experienced”
Historically true circuit design
The DA 87i combines our reproduction of the most sought after microphone circuit in history with premium, audiophile components that are sure to impress even the most discerning purists.
Why the DA 87i sounds authentic
In order to achieve the most faithful vintage sound, the DA 87i uses the highest quality materials throughout, including components from Vishay, Dale, WIMA, Panasonic, Fairchild, and more.
Authentic output transformer
Our custom-wound DA T87 output transformer was developed specifically for the DA 87i circuit. With a high nickel core and 9.5:1 ratio, the T87 delivers exceptional bandwidth and low phase-shift.
Old is new again.
The original, vintage U87i is one of the most sought after studio microphones of all time.
However, a used U87i can sell for over $4,000, often in poor condition, and can be over 50 years old.
If you’re after the sound of the original Neumann U87i from the 60s and 70s, we think you’ll absolutely love the DA 87i.
- Professional large diaphragm studio condenser microphone based on the vintage Neumann U87i design
- Perfect reproduction of the original U87 style circuit
- DA-K87 — a stunning reproduction of the K87 style mic capsule
- Custom-wound Dachman T87 output transformer
- Premium, audiophile components including polystyrene capacitors
- Cardioid, figure 8, and omnidirectional polar patterns
- Lo cut switch and -10dB pad switch
- Wood storage box and shockmount included